Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mmmmm...

Ok, I'm not sure what direction my blog contribution is here...as it pertains to the project.  Maybe it's that I am supposed to maintain the healthy lifestyle that we're trying to promote.  That sounds good.  I'm a person that goes "great guns" for awhile, really getting into it and then get out of the habit.  I did my Wii Fit for a whole year, just about everyday and was watchful of what I ate ( not really a diet, although there were diet spurts now and then), and lost the 10 pounds that I had been trying to lose since I was 30 and had my 6th child.  I'm not talking about the space of time when my life was falling apart and battled bulemia.  But after I reached my goal, the regular, daily exercise didn't always happen.  In fact, in anticipation of writing this, I got out my Wii Fit and was pleased to see that I'm still where I want to be BMI and weight wise, but I haven't done the exercises yet, but I fully intend to.  Hula Hoop here I come!  I also bought a stationary thing for my bike, so that I can do some bike riding while I am reading and ...I still do 1-2 miles of walking everyday.  I have a friend that I stop and see, as well as a mother than is on the way that I can visit.  So, those are built-in incentives to walk, even if I don't feel like it.  It's not that I don't like the physical activity of exercise, it's that I get bored easily with the same thing (which is why I like the variety of the Wii) and time.  If I only have 30 minutes and 10 things I can do...well you know how it is, right?  You girls are way more disciplined than me in that way. 
So what do you mean by fasting today?  You fasted until you had your smoothie this morning?  I think I can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment