Sunday, September 20, 2009


The Beginning! I've enjoyed owning a Daycare/preschool then Preschool only for 20+ years and had taken a year or so off. Again "What do I want to be when I grow up" came up!! I've enjoyed all the home based businesses I've owned over the past thiry years and have learned from them all, but there was always a feeling of burnout after a period of time and a feeling of these not being the destination I felt would bring life lasting satisfaction. This I have always known for sure-I'd work with children, do something that would benifit all my family, and would allow me to continue to grow also!
Talking to a casual friend in August, 2008, I found what I know now is one of the destinations I've been looking for! One month after visiting with her for two hours-having her explain the schooling she was almost finished with-I entered a year long journey to learn the art of helping others to come to emotional healing through what "The Institute of Healing Arts" calls the "Process". IHA teaches Emotional Release Therapy. I now can help or "facilitate" others in taking responsibility for their own emotional and physical health. This includes but is not limited to using bio-kinesiology (muscle response testing or MRT), guided imagery,NLP (neurolinguistic programing), speak out feelings, role play, inner child work, and visualization. I'm priviledged to help others come to a place of healing and a strong sense of closure with issues that they want to work on. I have a PASSION for this work and it fills those few things I've always known! I work with "children" (many of the beliefs we all have were formed in childhood so we work at these ages alot!), I've been able to help facilitate many family members and continue to be excited to do so and I KNOW this work will be a JOY to continue with for LIFE! Thus bringing me to the START of a journey in life nowing what I want to be. Am I finished? Quite the contrary-I've only just begun with my learning-broadening the things I am excited to learn only to compliment the "Emotional Release Work" I already do!!!!!
Jaye (my husband) is my biggest fan in life, my best friend-my love and the one that has nudged me in our thirty years of marriage to go where ever I want to go in life. Thank you honey! This is the beginning of my new lifes path and journey. The center Jodi (my sister and best friend) and Elena (my mom and another best friend) are working toward- WILL happen if it's the right place for us to all end up!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment